1. Find the direction of magnetic North and consequently magnetic South.
2. Adjust for magnetic declination to find exact true South.
3. Point solar panels towards true South.
4. Find optimum tilt angle based on the latitude and the season.
Enter the value of latitude below to find the panel tilt in degrees.
Spring and Fall
1. The result above is the angle in degrees from the horizontal.
2. If you do not know the latitude of your city you can look it up here.
Author: John (YA)
John has over 15 years of Research and Development experience in the field of Wireless Communications. He has worked for a number of companies around the world including Qualcomm Inc. USA. He has an MS in Electrical Engineering from Virginia Tech USA and has published his work in international journals and conferences.