It’s very easy to get lost in the jargon when selecting a simulation tool for planning your wireless network. You will be faced with complex terminology which would not make much sense. You will be told that ray-tracing is the solution to all problems and outperforms all other techniques. However ray-tracing is only accurate when the following factors have been considered.
- Granularity of the terrain database
- Granularity in field calculations
- Accuracy in representation of building materials
- Accuracy in modeling the various propagation phenomenon
- Upper limit on the number of interactions